We Are Looking For An Intern!
Junior Marketing Assistant (filmmaking skills a bonus)
About the Company
Tusko Films is a film production company based in Bristol, UK. You will be working alongside award winning producers/directors and content creators who want to build their team. This is an office-based internship with the occasional opportunity to join the crew on various sets. This is an exciting opportunity to learn and try new things within a rapidly growing company. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone thinking about a career in the film industry, marketing or producing films. Additionally anyone who is interested in working in PR, advertising or communications would benefit from this position.
We have an acclaimed back catalogue of films and an exciting upcoming slate of projects ready to be worked on. If you think you can bring creative approaches and thinking to our team we want to hear from you. Loving good films is a bonus, but not essential. Bring your own laptop and your own mind to this role.
Overview of Role
We are looking for a brilliant all rounder that wants to gain experience of working in the independent film industry or others named. Primarily your role will be as an assistant to the producers with your main focus being marketing. Secondarily you will be may be tasked with collecting information on film funds and helping producers draft proposals.
Specifics of Role
- Posting Tusko’s images, videos and articles to social media platforms. (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Reporting on activities of the local and national film industry to our producers.
- Writing articles and blog posts to share with our audience and press partners.
- Gain knowledge of Tusko’s creative project aims and finding applicable information.
- Helping our producers devise strategies of how best to engage and reach audiences.
- Researching film funds and grants to add to our database.
- Drafting proposals for these funds and grants.
- Drafting responses to creative briefs.
- Finding interesting and trending stories to present to producers.
- Passionate, hardworking and curious.
- Proficient social media user: must have experience posting to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Succinct and punchy writer who can apply their talent to our brand.
- Generate creative marketing ideas.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Journalistic experience.
- Experience of Adobe Photoshop. The ability to make adjustments to our digital assets a distinct advantage.
- Experience working with other Adobe Premiere Pro & In Design.
- Understanding of Google Analytics.
- An interest in the film industry.
- We are particularly interested in applicants who have examples of work in these areas.
This internship is part time and will be held 2/3 days a week at our office in Trinity Quay, Avon Street, Bristol BS2 0PT.
This is a 12-week internship with potential to extend.
We pay expenses only during this period.
During your time at Tusko you will be given 1-on-1 support and feedback with producers. There will be opportunity to expand your knowledge outside this role if you show an interest. We are happy to hear from all marketing applicants.
Please email a CV and short covering letter outlining why you are interesting in working for Tusko Films, with the heading Junior Marketing Assistant.
Please feel free to include a bit about yourself!
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career. Please check back in the future.